Our CSA program works differently than most. We have implemented a new system to try and deliver a better service for our customers. We charge a flat $25 fee for a full 1 year membership. This includes access to be able to purchase individual shares in specific animals, vegetables, etc. that we produce here on the farm. This way you get more of what you need/want instead of having to pick from what we have available. This also lets us expand were there is more of a demand and helps us keep stocks available at all times so you get your money worth and then some. After all its all about keeping the customer happy. We have different share options available and you can purchase more than 1 share if you want more than what is listed.
Whole Rabbit (Dress 2.5-3LB) $12
Whole Skinless Chicken Fryer (Average 4-5LB) $12
Free Range Eggs (Dozen) $3
Whole Lamb (Hanging Weight 50LB) $6/LB
Half Lamb (Hanging Weight 25LB) $7/LB
Whole Hog (Hanging Weight 180LB) $4.50/LB
Half Hog (Hanging Weight 90LB) $4.25/LB
Quarter Hog (Hanging Weight 45LB) $4.50/LB
Whole Beef (Hanging Weight 610LB) $5.50/LB
Half Beef (Hanging Weight 305LB) $5.75/LB
Quarter Beef (Hanging Weight 155LB) $6.00/LB
Weights are not guaranteed and vary from animal to animal, however you will only pay for what you get if you order a beef that weighs 500LB the price will be adjusted and you will only pay for the 500LB. You will get about 10% less meat than what the hanging weight is as the hanging weight is with the head attached. There are no hidden fees and prices includes packaging and processing.
All animals are free range and grass fed. They are not fed any medicated feeds or antibiotics. The Lamb, Pork, and Beef are processed at a certified USDA butcher shop. Due to no USDA butcher shops in the area I will process the chickens and rabbits. They will be vacuum sealed and left whole. Internal organs are also available. We support our heroes and give a 15% military discount. Military ID or DD-214 required. There will also be a 10% discount and free delivery to your home within 60 miles if payed in full by Febuary 1st 2014. I will update links on my for sale page as soon as possible to be able to pay with PayPal. In the mean time if you have any questions or are interested in purchasing a membership feel free to contact me. 865-385-6987
Greene's Rabbitry Meat rabbits are grown in a clean, disease free environment. Only all natural feed of the highest quality is fed fresh daily. We no longer need or use any chemical medications. Medication is used only as a last resort to save a rabbit. Any medicated fryer is not used for meat. We sell fresh butchered or frozen rabbit meat. Our rabbits are raised and put down in the most humane way possible. Due to state regulations I can only sell the butchered and frozen rabbit to you labeled "for animal consumption only".
- Rabbit meat is all white meat.
- Rabbit has 795 calories per pound. Compare: chicken at 810, veal at 840, turkey at 1190, lamb at 1420, beef at 1440 and pork at 2050.
- Rabbit has the highest percentage of protein.
- Rabbit has a lower percentage of fat than chicken, turkey, beef, or pork with unsaturated fatty acids at 63% of the total fatty acids.
- The cholesterol level in rabbit meat is much lower than chicken, turkey, beef, pork.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture has stated that domestic rabbit meat is the most nutritious meat known to man.
- Research shows that rabbit meat has been recommended for special diets such as for heart disease patients, diets for the elderly, low sodium diets, and weight reduction diets.
- Because it is easily digested, it has been recommended by doctors for patients who have trouble eating other meats.
- Rabbit meat compares very favorably to veal.